So I now have two days of ROW80 under my belt. The first day was kind of unusual. I started with 36,000 words and ended with 40,000 words, but I really only barely completed my goal of 500 words. The reason for this is that most of the words added to my story were scenes I had already written. All I was really doing was editing them into the story flow. I was tempted to just let it slide, but in the end I did also write about 600 new words between the two scenes.
Day two was easy. I got my 500 words in before work. The problem with that was that I was really tempted to keep writing, as I had just started a new scene and I was on a roll. I was also thinking that if I left it alone then I wouldn’t have to struggle on day three. So instead of writing I decided to work on my plot outline. My story has been moving away from the plan, so I thought this would be a good time to rethink it to fit the new direction. Things didn’t go as planned though, and I ended up watching some movies instead. I’ll work on the outline today instead.
I hope everything is going well with your goals. We’re all in this together!