- 500 words of new fiction every day
- Finish first draft of Finding Valhalla (DONE!)
- Start editing Dragons At Dawn
- Post to my blog on Monday and Thursday
- Post ROW80 updates on Sunday and Wednesday
- 3/20 – 524
- 3/21 – 510
- 3/22 – 524
- 3/23 – 529
- 3/24 – 577
Six Days To Sabbath is at 28,654 words and is almost done. Finding Valhalla is finished. Editing progresses slowly on Dragons At Dawn. Blog posts are all on schedule.
This challenge was great. It really encouraged me to keep going whenever I just wanted to take a break. I knew that if I stopped for even one day there was a chance that I wouldn’t start up again. I think I have made a lot of progress as a writer during the last three months, and hopefully this will continue as I keep working on my craft.
I have to confess that I didn’t get a lot of editing done on Dragons At Dawn. Mostly I just reorganized my original files and started character profiles for all the major players. For the next round of ROW80 I intend to do more actual editing, and hopefully have the second draft done by the end of the round.
My tentative goals for the next round are:
- Spend at least half an hour every day on writing or editing, an hour on weekends (I won’t commit to a word count, but I will at least commit to sitting down to work every day)
- Finish rewrite of Dragons At Dawn (I really need to buckle down and do this)
- Post to my blog on the ROW80 update days (because 4 times a week was just too much)
- Read at least one of my books on writing every week (because they don’t do any good if I don’t read them)
Unless something terrible happens, these goals should be attainable for me and still give me time to do other things, like catch up on the backlog of e-books I have to read. See you in April for the next round!